Gretchen Ennis Photography

Gretchen Ennis Photography

Monday, July 21, 2014

The craziness of Miss Brainerd Lakes

It has once again been a busy week in the life of Miss Brainerd Lakes! What a blessing it is to make so many fun and exciting appearances in my hometown.

The Fourth of July is always one of the most fun times of the year. Molly and I kicked off our Fourth of July festivities at the Nisswa Turtle Races. Over 700 racers registered that day and Molly and I had the opportunity to be line judges to see which turtle crossed the line first. That night was the Nisswa Fourth of July parade which is always one of my favorites because I grew up in Nisswa. It's so fun to see some familiar faces in the crowd. This was definitely one of the biggest parades Nisswa has had and I was lucky enough to be a part of it! Thank you Dondelinger Auto for sponsoring a beautiful car for us to ride in.


The next day was the Brainerd Fourth of July parade. While this parade is always one of the longest, it is SO worth seeing the precious little girls faces light up when they see princesses! For years I've watched Miss Brainerd Lakes in the Brainerd parade and have often looked up to her. Now I'm that girl and I couldn't feel more blessed or honored!

The next day was Arts in the Park at Gregory Park in which Molly and I walked around to sign autographs and take pictures. It's a tradition for Miss Brainerd Lakes to be there every year and I was happy to carry on that tradition.

I then attended the Miss Northwest and Miss Northwest's Outstanding Teen pageant in Detroit Lakes. Chantal, Miss Northwest 2013, became a great friend during Miss Minnesota week and I was happy to be there to support her and see her one last time before she headed back to Boston. She was a fabulous Miss Northwest and I couldn't be more proud to call her a friend. I know she is going to make a killer lawyer.

The next day was the Miss Morris Area and Miss Midwest pageant. The outgoing queens, Cassey and Chelsea, also became incredible friends during Miss Minnesota week. Also one of my best friends and Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen sister, Corrina was competing for the first time in a "Miss" pageant. Though it was weird to see her onstage, I was so proud! Corrina has certainly come a long way and I know a Miss title is in her future.
Cassey

Corrina

Then it was off to Prior Lake the next day for a sendoff party for our 2014 Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen, Lauren. Lauren will leave is just a few days for the Miss America's Outstanding Teen pageant. I can't wait to hear how awesome she will do!

I literally felt like I was living out of my car because two days later I was back in the car heading to Thief River Falls for the Miss Thief River Falls and Miss Riverfest pageant! Miss Thief River Falls 2013, Taylor, became a another great friend during Miss Minnesota week (seriously... these ladies are incredible!). I had never been to Thief River Falls before so it was fun to be at the pageant supporting Taylor! After the pageant, we were able to get some food at a local restaurant and catch up but also get to know the two new titleholders.

The Country Sampler Picnic was the day after, so I headed to the Northland Arboretum in Brainerd for a night of great food and fun. This is another Miss Brainerd Lakes tradition and was probably one of the most fun appearances of the summer! I signed many autographs and was able to meet some really great people from the Brainerd Lakes area. Molly, Lauren, and I along with our princesses also watched the pig races which is always great entertainment.

To conclude my crazy week, Molly and I handed out awards at North Central Speedway in Brainerd! We were lucky enough to get box seats because I certainly was not prepared for how loud the car races are! This was my first time ever seeing car races and it was so much fun. Plus it was fun to congratulate the winners and have the opportunity to pose for a picture with them.


With love,
Bailey
Miss Brainerd Lakes 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment