Gretchen Ennis Photography

Gretchen Ennis Photography

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Kiddy Parades, Culver's, and Disney World!

Life did in fact move on after Miss Minnesota week with various appearances around the Brainerd Lakes area!

Last week was Brainerd History Week in celebration of the 100th year anniversary of various buildings in downtown Brainerd. My sister queens and I along, with the Crow Wing County Dairy Princess, participated in the Teddy Bear Kiddy parade right in downtown Brainerd. The kids were adorable and many of them were starstruck at seeing so many princesses! It was a fabulous reminder of the power that a crown can have. I may not be Miss Minnesota, but to those little girls who shyly asked for an autograph, I am. I could impact their life in such a simple way just by saying hello to them. How incredible it is to be a part of such a great and powerful program!




That same day, I headed over to Culver's in Baxter in celebration of June Dairy Month. I had done this event two years ago, but as Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2012. It was great to be back, but I was a bit nervous as I was asked to milk a cow in the cow milking contest. I have never milked a cow. Ever. My uncle operated a dairy farm for many years, but I was more interested in the barn kittens at my young age than in learning how to milk a cow! I had a few tips up my sleeve, but it was a lot harder than I expected and was only able to get about .5 ounces of milk in 30 seconds! Not terrible, but also not the best :)

Our wonderful Senators and Representatives!


Also that day was a custard eating contest! The contest was to see who could eat 8 ounces of custard the fastest. I slurped that custard down pretty fast, but was sad to not be able to enjoy it fully. All-in-all, it was a fantastic day and I was happy to have my sister queens beside me through it all :)


Then I was off to Florida on a short vacation! Though it was hot and humid, it was so much fun to walk around Disney and sit and enjoy the sun without a care in the world. I was sad to leave, but I'm enjoying the Minnesota weather :)

Always,
Bailey
Miss Brainerd Lakes 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment