Gretchen Ennis Photography

Gretchen Ennis Photography

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Blessings.

I'm been thinking a lot lately about life and how blessed I am.

Things that I'm grateful for:

Jesus. He is so awesome. I only hope that others can experience His love and mercy, for my life is not my own, but His.

My parents. They have been two of the biggest blessings in my life. Their love is unfailing and I'm so incredibly grateful.

Bethel University. I've grown closer to God than I ever thought possible. I love being surround by such faith-driven people.

Piano. Such a beautiful way that I get to relive stress. God has given me a gift and so thankful.

My family. Their support means the world to me.

My friends. I have such an amazing group of girl friends who always know how to cheer me up.

My boyfriend. He is such a loving and supportive guy who has never ONCE put a dream of mine down.

The title of Miss Brainerd Lakes 2013. It gives me an avenue to make a difference in my community, plus my first two years of college are paid for through Miss America Scholarships. I'm so lucky.

My morning cup of coffee. I'm not sure I would be able to function without it. Many thanks to college for getting me addicted again.

Even moment I've broken down in tears because I felt that life was to much to handle. They are good reminders that God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers. He doesn't give me anything I can't handle.

Fall. It's my favorite season. The leaves remind me that we can all be made new in the image of Christ. That even if we fall, we have the ability to be made new.

The ability to love. Sure, I've had my heart broken and I've broken hearts but I'm grateful that God has given me the ability to feel what it's like to love and be loved in return.

Past relationships. They've showed me what I deserve in life.

The Christmas music that is playing right now as I write this.

The ability to be sitting in a big, comfy chair in a nice, warm building. Some people don't get that privilege.

The finals week that is coming up. It reminds me that I'm lucky enough to be able to get an education at such an amazing school.

YoungLife, the Christian youth program I volunteer at each week with my boyfriend. I think it gives some sanity. Taking 17 credits as a freshman is extremely stressful and trying to balance a social life, piano lessons, and the volunteer work that comes with being Miss Brainerd Lakes can be hard. YoungLife gives me a way to relieve some stress while connecting with middle-schoolers in the Richfield area. I get to share God's love... Incredible!

I hope that, as the holiday season comes in full force, that you take a minute to remind yourself of the things in your life that you are grateful for.

Your sister in Christ,
Bailey





No comments:

Post a Comment